Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hello, Mr Magpie-lark, good of you to drop in

Male Magpie-lark (Grallina cyanoleuca) dropped in on me as I sought shots of kingfishers diving into Palm Creek today.

One camera and lens not enough of course. So with 600mm on tripod between me and Peewee (aka Mudlark) just had height needed to shoot bird with 300mm lens carried on shoulder. That's why there's so little post showing.

Also bit more noise in shots these days. The aim is to offer images with minimum of processing, apart from cropping and minor contrast changes.

Pity that another image from Mungalla Station creek site is also male. But I am debating with myself about referring to my birds as folks rather than guys. And I would be oh so grateful if the nudge-nudgers refrained from dumb gags about 'bird' watchers.

No comments:

Some birds close to my heart of things

Home's where the heart is, close to home's where many of my birds are. Benefit of buying into retirement village surrounded by conse...